Recommended reading for the martial arts. This is my personal library list. I practice Okinawan Te or "Ryukyu Ti." My system is derived from two others, one being the main influence of Shorin-ryu and the second Goju-ryu. The branch under Shorin-ryu is Isshin-ryu as developed by Shimabuku Tatsuo Sensei.

I wanted to create a library reference blog where I can provide a listing of the books I have in my library, present and past (past in that some have been lost in transit over the years). I will provide a graphic, if available, a short description, if available, and the bibliography. When possible a link to Amazon will be provided.

"Read not to contradict and confute; nor to believe and take for granted; nor to find talk and discourse; but to weigh and consider..." - Francis Bacon


Reader's of this Blog

Friday, February 17, 2012

Bubishi

Bibliography:
McCarthy, Patrick. "The Bible of Karate: Bubishi." Tuttle Publishing. Rutland, Vermont. 1995.

Review: No one who practices a system like karate does so without some exposure to the "Bubishi" and the only one out there that I am aware of is this translation.

Get a copy. At a minimum you will find it interesting and there is a variety of gokui information in it as well, one spot direct and others more indirect.

No comments:

Post a Comment